The Literary Club owns this house. It is the only
row house remaining from the dozens
that originally lined east 4th St. The Phelps Apartment building took the place of 3 houses
when it was built in the 1920's. The tunnel is located just to the right of this photo.
The Taft Mansion was built in 1820, and has housed a small
art museum since the 1930's.
The tunnel travels left to right directly below the vantage point of this photo.
Back to Main