Cincinnati's double-tracked C&O Viaduct was rebuilt in 1929 in conjuntion with the new C&O Bridge and Union Terminal. Its two forks originally routed traffic to either the terminal or the freight yard, but today feed either the CSX or Norfolk Southern yards. The southern fork, which feeds the smaller Norfolk Southern yard, was at some point reduced to a single track.
[All photos August 1, 2005 Jake Mecklenborg]
1. C&O Summer 2000 Viaduct Photographs
2. Back to Main