Looking north along Race St. in 1999. The lot at
center was cleared for a new department
store in summer 1999, but the deal fell through and the site is currently a parking lot.
The Literary Club occupies this house, which is among
the oldest buildings in the city,
built in 1820. The Phelps Apartment Building (right) was built in 1926.
Back to Main